It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

Coloradoskier HB User
OATS procedure in 11 days

Hey all,
My name is Gracey and I'm an 18yo female. I am having the OATS procedure in 11 days for a post medial OCD on my talus. This will be my third surgery on the same ankle. The first procedure they did OCD drilling to try and get my body to recover on its own, the second time they put in cadaver plugs but my body rejected them, so this time they will put in bone and carilage from my knee. I'm a little discouraged to see all the painful posts, as I have been in constant pain for three year and was hoping this would be the end. Any advice? Whats the healing time? How terrible is it going to be etc? I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thanks,
Gracey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Dreading the fate of my ocd ankle: oats Brit215 Foot & Ankle Problems 141 07-03-2011 08:28 PM
Anyone have health insurance issues for OATS procedure? K_Lana Health Insurance Issues 65 07-15-2010 06:19 AM
My surgeon wants me to have a starr procedure. gramber Digestive Disorders 6 04-28-2010 01:45 PM
possible to 'feel' the screws in your leg after exercise akirka Foot & Ankle Problems 49 12-01-2009 08:26 PM
4 week post-op Ankle OATS procedure question mstreet2379 Foot & Ankle Problems 4 06-01-2009 03:48 PM