It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
(male)

Traces HB User
Knot behind ball of foot with some discoloration. What could it be?

So this morning I was up and about for half an hour, then took a trip to the bathroom and noticed a sharp pain in my foot.

Went over to the couch to inspect the area and found a tender, painful to the touch knot behind the ball of my foot. I don't think I stressed my foot anymore than usual - although I was walking in a downtown area on vacation for a couple days this past week, which is still less strenous than my normal daily exercise routine.

There was no discoloration at first, only noticed it later in the day. Could this be some kind of burst blood vessel or something? Everything else I could find that involved a small knot in this area of the foot included things like plantar fibromas to ledderhose disease to morton's neuromas; I'm reasonably certain I have none of those things.

Any ideas? Blood clot? Normally I just shrug things off (like any dumbass 28 year old that still thinks he can just walk it off), but if it could be a blood clot then I suppose that would be cause for concern.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-12-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Old 07-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
(male)

Traces HB User
Re: Knot behind ball of foot with some discoloration. What could it be?

Well, after a week and a couple days, the little knot is still there. I can walk normally now, and the only pain is if anything is pressing on the knot. It's about a pea sized knot... I was thinking it couldn't be a plantar fibroma because it appeared suddenly - one day just fine, the next day a knot.

Even when the bruising and general pain was still there, I could do stuff like stand on my tiptoes, weight supported by my arch, without any pain. Does this mean it's not related to the fascia at all, or is that a poor test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #3
(male)

sofel HB User

Did you ever get this diagnosed? I have a very similar problem.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 AM   #4
(male)

Traces HB User

I never did get it diagnosed, but it eventually went away. It was tender for several weeks and I could feel a tiny little knot there for a while, but now I don't feel anything in that spot.

Sorry I can't help

Closed Thread