It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
(female)

ggola HB User
In search of better days, weeks, months...

I was told on Monday that I am totally fused in all areas and I that I should try moving back into shoe.

On Wednesday I wore my KEEN sandals and experienced pain on the bottom of my heel from the dang screw. My foot swelled up and turned red. On Thursday, I wore my New Balance tennis shoes minus the shoestring because I couldn't get my foot into the shoe. I didn't has as much heel pain but I started to notice that my Achilles and posterior tibial tendons are very painful as my foot transitions from being flat on the ground then rotating to the ball of my foot. I have no pain in the flex position (moving heel to flat). I still had a large amount of swelling. Today I was back in the KEENS with a heel lift pad glued in. More of the same pain and probably the most swelling of the week. I am elevating and icing down while at home.
My Dr. is planning on removing my screws the first week of August. At times I don't know which screws hurt more the one on the heel or the set of four with two plates on the top of my foot. My Dr. tells me that I should be walking right ofter the screw removal. I hope and pray that is true. I'm so depressed and tired of this pain.

I've had five PT sessions. I love my PT. She's is the best and is really trying hard to help my advance in my recovery, plus help in easing the pain and swelling. She told me to give my tendons a rest this weekend and to go back to my boot if I was going to out and about a bunch this weekend.

I appreciate any advice and encouragement. I don't feel like this has been a good week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
(female)

shelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB User
Re: In search of better days, weeks, months...

well, the screw removal is way easier...but if you aren't really walking normal before you get your screws out then you may not be walking after. my doc had me wait a year before screw removal.

walking gets easier. it took me 3 months in a shoe to start to feel normal. and you have to pick and choose shoes very carefully. experiment....my keens felt awful, crocs ok, some running shoes better than others. play around with it, it gets better.

shelley

Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

ggola HB User
Re: In search of better days, weeks, months...

How could you stand the feeling of walking on a marble or rock with each step? I think that I'm a wimp.

Closed Thread