It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
(male)

marlin33 HB Usermarlin33 HB User
Recently told i have PTTD, help me!???

Suffered PF for two years now, went to a new dr last week, and he thinks I have PTT. I was wondering what the next couple of steps he will take, I have a mri and emg which were negative for a Tarsal Tunnel tear. The xray look pretty clear, but I have pain from sun up till sun down, for about two yrs now, just sitting at my desk job. it sucks HELP ME!!!????

Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

ggola HB User
Re: Recently told i have PTTD, help me!???

I had the same issues and I will tell you to try everything possible before even considering surgery. Some people have success with an Arizona or Richie brace. I never got that because I went through having the mold made for the brace but then my insurance wouldn't pay for it and it cost close to a grand. Before I could get the funding to have the brace made my PTT ruptured and I had to have surgery. I don't mean to scare you but the pain I experience was pure HELL. I had both knees replaced last summer and that was nothing compared to this. I would replace my knees a thousand times over and over again before I go through this again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
(male)

Well my insurance wont cover the ESWT shockwave treatment, so im sure they wont with the braces. Im just wondering what my options are before surgery? I mean even at work, sitting at my desk im in pain, doing nothing.
I go back to the dr august 10th. I have a bad feeling it will be time for a hard cast or somthing and no walking, lots of rest.

Last edited by marlin33; 07-30-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #4
(male)

Went to the dr monday, he gave me a shot and now it feels worse, and I have to go back in a month, this sucks, wat should i do>?

Last edited by marlin33; 08-12-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

I have pf and I wear birkenstocks almost 100% of the time. They helped me so much. Of course, since I've had my pttd surgery, the birks are in the closet and I'm wearing 'supportive' shoes. At least I found a cute pair of Asics in pink and silver. ugh. Anyway, try the birkenstocks. They make sandals and also clog type shoes for winter. Also, Merrell, Dansko, and I forget which others people have mentioned on this board are great for pf.

When my pf was really bad (before the surgery), I realized it was due to the exercises I was doing -lots of hard walking (speed walking?), and weights. I cut out the weights for two years and did elliptical instead of walking and the pain was pretty much gone. Then I started lifting weights again and all the pain came back plus more. Then I ruptured my tendon, coincidence? I don't know. But I'll never go back to weights. Even if it's not them, mentally it freaks me out.

One of the things my physical therapist says is the best thing for pf if stretching. Try yoga, or just stretching your calf muscles. A lot of times, we compensate for the pain and walk weird, which shortes our achilles and makes the calf muscles tight. Have you tried any physical therapy? Give it a whirl before you commit to a surgery. It's painful, the recovery is looooooong and it's just no fun.

Good luck and let us know how you progress.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
(male)

thats funny, because they are all I wore in High School and I started to blame them for my foot pain. I also wore those rainbow flip flops alot as well.
This has been such a hastle, its taking over my life.
I cant stand the pain anymore, the dr was pretty unhelpful the other day, and wants me to get new orthotics, which I cant afford and a new mri, which I cant afford either? haha maybe this new trick obama has up his sleeve will help me.
But anyway I have another dr appt sept 24th, If I can wait that long, its funny cuz my prior dr never discovered the ptt.

Closed Thread