I had most of my hardware removed today. My surgery took 45 minutes. He removed 3 screws that were 1 1/2" long and one plate on top of my foot and the 4 1/2" screw in my heel. He did an endoscopic procedure to my Achilles because I have been having pain in my Achilles as my foot moved from the flat position to the ball then toes of my foot. My Dr. did not lengthen the Achilles during my first surgery in April. The correct name of the procedure is in my car and I can't get it right now. He said he also removed a heel spur.
Right now my restrictions are:
* No driving for 24hrs
* limit activities for the remainder of the day.
* Do Not engage in sports, heavy work or heavy lifting for the next 24 hrs.
Wound care instructions:
* Do NOT remove dressing until seen by doctor (This will be hard but I think I can manage until my post-op appointment on Monday)
* Notify Dr if I experience excessive bleeding or signs of infection such as redness, swelling, pus, unusual drainage or fever over 100. (Duh)
* Avoid stress to the suture line such as pulling, pushing, lifting. (I know this is what PT was trying to explain to me yesterday when she was telling me that I had to be discharged from therapy...I get it...LOL)
I hope and pray I'm not gone from therapy long. I want to get this over with and it will be harder for me to get in to PT once I'm release to return to work and school starts since I'm a teacher