It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
(female)

Mariah1990 HB User
Unhappy Help? About Hyprocure...

Hi, I am 19 years old student.
I've had flexible flat feet, since at a very young age.
Now It's bothering so much, because my arch is getting flatter each day and I almost have no arch. And just the problems gets worse each day.
I have tried orthotics, exercises, but It hasn't really helped me, and I came to this conclusion that I want to get a surgery done from doing a lot of reading and research. I came across "Hyprocure" and its sounds very promising - I'm thinking of getting this surgery done.

I'm only 19, and I can't even go out with my friends when I really want to, and every time I walk I have to worry about my arch getting flatter, when walking is suppose to be a healthy thing... and no one can understand how it feels, even my family doesn't really takes it seriously. if you had the same problem as me, you probably know how it feels...feet just seem to don't get taken seriously.

So, I'm really desperate for any of your advise or answers, I would really appreciate Anything you can give me.
I live in Australia, and I was hoping I could get this surgery done here.
Because I cannot afford to pay for the surgery overseas with out the insurance - Does anybody know If there is anyone who specializes Hyprocure in Australia ??

And does Hyprocure really work? Would it give me more arch as well as correcting the over pronation? Anyone who had this surgery done, I wold like to hear about how your result on your feet, specially how your arch has turned out after the surgery.

Once again, I would really appreciate any advise, or any answers !

Thank you so much listening

Mariah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
(female)

cj1986 HB User
Re: Help? About Hyprocure...

I havent ever heard of this procedure before.

Have you, or are you currently, seeing a doctor for your condition? Are your orthotics custom made or store bought? There could be a lot of different factors contributing, so the first step is to see a doctor. Don't necessarily limit your options or types of surgeries/implants before you get some medical opinions. I would be more concerned first with the doctor, and then secondly the procedure. Find out what orthopedics some of the professional sports teams in your area use and see what they have to say. good luck

Old 09-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
(male)

plopnxxdd HB User

We're looking into the same procedure for our son. Have heard great things about it, and it has a very high success rate. Shoe inserts (orthotics) reduce the symptoms, but don't fix the problem so we are also looking for a long term cure. We found a doctor in Christchurch who does it (Frederick George) and the cost is pretty reasonable, but he doesn't do it on children as young as our son, so we're still looking.

From what we learned, surprisingly, there is nobody trained in the procedure in Australia yet. I would recommend first having x-rays done and getting checked out by a podiatrist or podiatric surgeon, if you haven't already, to make sure you would qualify for the hyprocure implant, or if something else may be sufficient. From what I understand, podiatrists in AU don't do surgical procedures so the most they will recommend are shoe inserts, and may not provide you with other options that may be available.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
(female)

Mariah1990 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopnxxdd View Post
We're looking into the same procedure for our son. Have heard great things about it, and it has a very high success rate. Shoe inserts (orthotics) reduce the symptoms, but don't fix the problem so we are also looking for a long term cure. We found a doctor in Christchurch who does it (Frederick George) and the cost is pretty reasonable, but he doesn't do it on children as young as our son, so we're still looking.

From what we learned, surprisingly, there is nobody trained in the procedure in Australia yet. I would recommend first having x-rays done and getting checked out by a podiatrist or podiatric surgeon, if you haven't already, to make sure you would qualify for the hyprocure implant, or if something else may be sufficient. From what I understand, podiatrists in AU don't do surgical procedures so the most they will recommend are shoe inserts, and may not provide you with other options that may be available.
Hello plopnxxdd, sorry for the very very late replay, and thank you so much for your input. It means a lot.
I am going to see a podiatric surgeon next month to get his opinion and see if he knows anyone in Australia who does the procedure. The chance is pretty low but I still want to search a bit more before I make up my mind to go to New Zealand to see Frederick Georg. And you are right, all the podiatrist I've seen in the past has only recommend conservative treatments, and against with the idea about getting surgery.
How is things going with your son? Has he got the Hyprocure procedure done already? I would love to hear how things are turning out....
Thank you !

Closed Thread