It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

tao0766 HB User
Help for a fat guy

I am a 31 year old, overweight, who has been having week long bouts with ankle tendonitis for almost a month (Im on my third bout in 1.5 months, they usually last for a week). Obviously, I need to lose weight. I was a serious basketball player in my younger days and now I'm mainly a beer drinker. I have had dozens of sprained ankles which were very rarely treated by a doctor. My last sprain was at least ten years ago.

My question is this, could those injuries be "flaring" up again? Or is it more likely a different issue like arthritis or improper shoes? I plan on going to see my orthopedist next week.

Tim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Help for a fat guy

Hi, and welcome to the boards. I'm glad to hear you are going in to see your doctor, because he/she will be able to answer your questions correctly.

My hubby is a big man, and he always buys really good shoes, which is very important. I'm sure some other posters will have better answers for you. Best to you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

PATTIE0707 HB User
Re: Help for a fat guy

I think going to your doctor is a right thing to do.. If it is arthritis it can be taken care of and you can be without pain. I know that when you feet hurt your whole body feels bad.

Let me know how you make out with the dr..

Closed Thread