It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

marti_girl HB User
Question Heel pain & tight calf muscle...

I was diagnosed with a heel spur in my left foot about six months ago. I have used heel cups, arch supports, cold compresses, and a night splint ever since. For the past month and a half the pain has really been bad so last Monday my doctor put an injection into my heel. It seemed like the pain was lessening for the first four days, then it started hurting again Friday. Now my calf muscle feels like it's right in the middle of a mild to medium cramp. I have been off work for 2 weeks but go back tomorrow and I KNOW it's all gonna come back full force. Is it normal to have this kind of calf pain with a heel spur? My foot and ankle has been swelling also, but the pain is in my heel and calf. Sorry if these questions sound dumb but up until about 5 years ago I NEVER had aching feet. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

Debslol HB User
Re: Heel pain & tight calf muscle...

Having been through achilles tendonitis it sounds like your achilles is acting up...but if its really really bad pain you could have torn it...not dumb questions at all...when you are in alot of pain and its on the weekend as well you found a good place to get answers

good luck and do let me know what it ended up being

Debbie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

cj1986 HB User
Re: Heel pain & tight calf muscle...

I have always had heel and foot pain (flat feet, torn plantar fascia, had a heel spur, etc). It all started at 12 or 13 after the onset of Sever's (growth disorder, commonly seen in young athletes). I'm only 23 and can't stand for too long on my feet. After having been a serious athlete my entire life, it stinks not being able to get through a day of work without pain, or spending any extended time on my feet. I am having surgery tomorrow as they think the biggest contributing factor is a tight/short calf muscle. I'm having a gastroc slide (aka gastroc release, gastroc recession, etc). They're just making a small incision on the inside of my calf which will help the gastrocnemius lengthen.

Closed Thread