It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
(female)

WorldWalker HB User
PTTD Round 2 + 6 mo Post Op

Yes, I am crazy. Just making sure I put that out there. Round 2 Right leg on Monday Morning. I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips for stairs in the house? My bed is downstairs this time. Oh and to my foot friends. Don't worry I have almost 5 weeks before school so that's encouraging. I am nervous and excited. I'm getting everything in order now for school and housing and both have been working with me to make sure I get any help I need.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
(female)

yaohua HB User
Re: PTTD Round 2 + 6 mo Post Op

Good luck and take care. I wish I could be there to offer some help. But I know that all your foot friends here would offer you endless support via this board. Yaohua

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

This coming Monday????? Wow!!!!!!Keep posting. Super big hugs!! and fast healing.
Walleye

Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

WOW!!!! Worldwalker!!!!!!

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers----I have not forgotten about my foot friends----I have been checking the boards---Just haven't had a chance to post in awhile!!

I hoope your surgery goes well, and please let us know how you are as soon as you can!!!

Stairs----the only suggestion is sitting on your tail and scooting up/down...but sometimes the tricky part is when you get to the top----you may want to stand a couple steps before and hop the last one or two----i only say that b/c if i actually get to the actual landing and then have to stand as if i had just been sitting on the floor and need to stand up, i am more off balance than trying to hop one last couple of steps.

Don't know if that made sense or not----But Good luck!!! I will be thinking about you!!!

Tracie

Old 08-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

WorldWalker,

OMG, you are a super woman! Good luck tomorrow (I think it's tomorrow). I'll be thinking of you and your two new feet.

Like Tracie said, scootching up and down on your bum is a good way to do stairs. I would either pull myself up to my one foot by holding onto the railing (it's part of the wall and very sturdy), or I would crawl to a chair and pull myself up that way. It's tricky, but doable.

We're all here for you and waiting to read how it all went with the second surgery.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Ok, guys..I know I've sounded brave this entire time. But is it too late to run away awkwardly (still working on the running thing) screaming into the horizon???

Old 08-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

LOL! I can just see you trying to run away. That's hysterical. Oh, and throw in a cartwheel or two just for good measure as you run off into the sunset.

Nope, too late to run away. But at least now you know what to expect and you'll have it all done by next summer so you can take your young self out and have some real fun.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you - don't forget - you can always call if you need to chat or vent.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
(female)

Wounded Foot HB User

WorldWalker, BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!! You'll be fine -- after all, by now you should be a pro. Even better, you'll have the surgery for both feet behind you. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that we're all here for you. Please keep us all posted.

SoCalGal, you still crack me up. Picking up marbles with your foot is not your idea of high entertainment? If that's not, then I have to wonder what is for you. I can't think of anything more fun, not even drawing an imaginary alphabet with your toes.

All of you, I hope that your recoveries are going well. Keep us footies posted.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Ok, so that pain after the nerve block wears off. I can't figure out how to deal with it. It is extremely hot and painful and tight in my leg and Owie.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Hope its better today. How are you doing???

Old 08-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #11
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Things are getting better today. I think I need to get cleaned up an encourage more visitors. I have heard studies about people healing better because they had visitors. I did kinda anticipate the lack of visitors because well second surgery. Not a big deal. Everyone returning to college at the end of the month. I dunno. I kinda wish I had em, but I have valued my phone calls and family visit so far.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

A decent shower will do wonders for your mood.

Invite your friends over for an afternoon and have a great time, that sounds like a fabulous plan! When do you go back to school?

What happened with the nerve block thing? I didn't have one, so I don't know anything about that. It doesn't sound like fun, though. Hope it stopped hurting.

What all did you have done to your second foot? If you said, I forgot. sorry.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #13
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

I invited no one. A shower did not help. The nerve block wore off and hurt a lil bit. Same thing as the first, I forget but a lot basically. I'm not happy that I kept being told to take a shower, I wasn't ready to. Usually I just excuse my smell if any for surgery reason. Now my foot swells, my skin is clean and I still have no visitors. Yuck : (

Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

ok, maybe a shower did help...my cat came to sit at my foot and just purred for the night. I got the visitor I needed tonight. As long as my foot is NOT a scratching post.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
(female)

Wounded Foot HB User

I know that this is going to gross all of you out, but it's the truth, I did not take a shower for three weeks after my surgery (I never left the bed except to to to the bathroom -- although I sat up and worked from morning until night). On top of that, I kept having hot flashes from the heavy duty meds. I'm sure I smelled, but I didn't care. All I cared about was healing (and getting my work done). There was no way that I could have handled a shower. Now, God forbid, if I ever need surgery on my other foot, I might be in more control with the crutches (from three months of practice) and feel differently about moving about a bit. I think you're doing great!! Pets are great.

Closed Thread