It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #1
(male)

Willy HB User
Foot pain just below second toe

I have had on-going pain in the upper part of my left foot, just south of the second toe (going left from the big toe). It seems to be affected by the types of shoes I wear. I am also a cyclist, so I am in cycling shoes a lot. It does make it uncomfortable to walk on my foot fully. The morning tends to be the worst time for it. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Foot pain just below second toe

Could be several things - stress fracture, neuroma.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

Willy...I'm a cyclist, too...so I can definitely relate to the toe pain. I've had to cut some longer rides short, due to my feet hurting so bad. Could it possibly be a cleat-position problem? I found that moving my cleats down just a touch, helped immensely. I also had to switch to a cycling shoe that had a wider toe-box...this also helped a ton! Now I can wiggle my toes and stretch them out if I need to on long rides. I also use an insole in my cycling shoes, for more arch support. I'm currently using one by Superfeet, but I'm thinking about trying this new heat-moldable one by Louis Garneau. You heat it up in the oven and it molds to the shape of your foot...it's designed specifically for cycling shoes.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #4
(male)

Willy HB User

I had my cleats moved down a bit. This didn't help. I am going to the podiatrist tomorrow. I hope he will give me some insight. I may need wider shoes.

Closed Thread