It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
(female)

Sparksa HB User
Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction

Hi guys

Last month when I've been for my post-op OCD checkup, they figured out I got Grade 1 tibialis posterior dysfunction.
My arches are collapsing and I try to keep them "normal" as is very painful when they start to collaps, but that put a strain on the tibial tendon and became inflamed.
My OS sent me to orthotist, still waiting to hear from them to go for a check.

My question is... what to expect? Brace or insoles? And how long it takes to get it back to normal?
Looks like my "foot gear" keeps increasing, so far I got 1 Aircast boot, 2 Push Aequi braces, 1 night splint, 1 Aircast Airsport brace... if anyone needs something let me know, it's free lol

Sparks

Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction

Sparks,

I can't tell you what to expect, but I have to say that this is very odd. See, I just had surgery 2 weeks ago after my OATS procedure 10 mos ago. Along with a string of other things, I had my arch in my post-op foot collapsing too. It turns out I tore my PTT and well as having a bunch of scar tissue on it. I had no PTT problems before my OATS procedure.

I don't know what that means, just that I find it odd that we both started haivng PTT problems after our surgeries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
(female)

cj1986 HB User
Re: Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction

I don't think PTTD ever goes away on its own. It can be managed and lived with, and things can be done to alleviate the symptoms, but I dont think its something you are ever free from. You'll likely get some custom made orthotics, possibly a foot brace, sometimes doctors will cast it to immobilize it, sometimes physical therapy is ordered, anti-inflammatory medicine, night braces, etc. Its not something where you can just wear a shoe insert for a month, and then be healed. Typically its an ongoing and progressive problem. As your foot has already begun to collapse, I wouldn't count on regaining that arch. I have grade 2 pttd (partially torn pttd and torn plantar fascia) and the surgeon said he wouldn't even think about touching the pttd yet. Surgery for this is very invasive and not a procedure to go into lightly.

Theres a lot of information on this site as it is one of the most common foot disorders. If you want more results I would do a search for PTTD on this website as you'll get more answers that way.

Closed Thread