It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
(male)

callo HB User
Marathon Training - Sore foot :o(

Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice. I'm currently training for the marathon. Last Saturday I had my longest run to date, 15 miles. Towards the end of the run I noticed a pain in the middle of my left foot.

I thought it was just a cramp and continued on. When I finished the run it was very sore. I was hobbling for most of the day with it but by that night the pain had gone.

I had a rest day on Sunday and yesterday I went for a 4 mile run. I felt the pain slightly again on this short run. I am planning on running 18 miles today as I am going on holidays tomorrow for a week and won't get a chance to do a long run away. Should I leave the 18 mile today and rest or just carry on through the pain??

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #2
(male)

antawndavison HB User
Re: Marathon Training - Sore foot :o(

Thats amazing. I was marathon training. Did a 12 miler one day, felt pain in the middle of left foot, thought oh just a little overuse soreness. Did a 4 miler the next day and afterward thought wow the foot is hurting more. Took off the shoes and saw big bone spur on the left big toe joint. I had no idea it was even growing, just never noticed. That was year and a half ago and this past march finally got the cheilectomy. I will never be the same but I can do some running, but i can see a spur forming again. DONT DELAY, get xrays from a SPORTS ORTHOPEDIST to check out the cartiledge. IF you have little left, the bone spurs are next, then surgery. DO IT NOW

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

glbeacher HB User
Re: Marathon Training - Sore foot :o(

antawndavison,
you say you are getting a spur again on the same foot so soon after the cheilectomy.

Closed Thread