It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
(female)

nmangouri HB User
Pain after Cortisone shot

I had a cortisone injection, into the too my foor 21 days ago. The pain has increased, instead of decreased, and it is radiating to my second toe and big toe. . I don't understand. I thought cortisone helped? This is the first injection I've had..... Did anyone have increased pain that radiated from the injection site and how long did it last? And what sould I do to get rid of this pain ,I can not even touch that area.Thank you

Old 08-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

forevergimpy HB User
Re: Pain after Cortisone shot

Sorry to hear you are in more pain after your shot. I too had a reaction to a cortisone shot and understand how awful it can be. From what I understand cortisone shots can cause pain due to cortisone flair (a crystalization of the steroid that makes the joint painful) or a tendon rupture. For me it was a flair and it lasted several weeks to fully recover (back to where I started - which was the pain that required the shot to begin with).
Good luck to you. Have you spoken with the doctor about this yet? Do you have any follow up visits soon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User

I also had increased pain after my cortisone injection into my subtalar joint, but mine only lasted 10 days. My dr was very surprised to hear it lasted that long.

If I were you, I would definitely contact my dr and let him know you have had an increase in pain, it has lasted 21 days, and it is radiating. Communication is key when it comes to something like this.

Keep us posted!

Step

Old 10-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
(female)

MacyMaid HB User

I am up in the wee hours as post cortisone injection into right foot is killing me. I saw a podiatrist yesterday in Sugar land (never saw a foot doc before) for a supsected neuroma in right foot. X-ray was negative for a fracture. He gave me a cortisone shot on the top of my foot close to the 3-4 toes area. I was ok for a few hours and then that foot got very very angry. Cannot walk on it and I am worse off. I will never ever have another cortisone shot anywhere. The treatment for pain is now worse than the originating pain. I was mobile before the shot but now I need all the help I can get to move....)-:

Last edited by MacyMaid; 10-16-2009 at 02:09 AM.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'm sorry for your situation. Cortisone shots do not work for neuromas. Alcohol ones are the appropriate treatment if you don't want to go straight to removal. I'm sorry you've had to go thru this in error. Find a good foot and ankle ortho doc. I'm sure there are several in your area.

Closed Thread