It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
pain and deformed foot after cheilectomy

My husband had a cheilectomy on his big right toe and tarsal tunnel release over 8 months ago. The doctor drilled holes in the joint to get cartilage to come back. they talked like the tarsal tunnel release was harder to heal from than the toe. They were wrong it still hurts him as bad if not worse. He still has sharp pains in it and limps probably worse now than ever. He did what the doc said and stayed off it and elevated it after surgery. But then we had a family tragedy , our son was snowmobiling out of state and was in a near fatal wreck. He spent several days walking and having a hard time keeping it elevated at the hospital. then we got the news our son was paralyzed and so my husband went off sick pay only 6 weeks to go back full time. He wears steel toe boots all day and the first doc said that didn't give him tarsal tunnel or the bone spur. We have went back to that doc and he only wanted us to pay about $500.00 for inserts our insurance won't cover. We are seeing another doc in a couple of weeks and hope he can do something . His scar is flat where the spur was but now the side of his foot curves out alot there is a big difference in that one from the other.. it looks deformed. Anyone else have this happen???

Closed Thread