It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
(male)

Luftmeister1 HB User
Burning of bottom of feet

Have been experiencing intense burning and stinging at the bottom of my feet for the last 2 months. This happens while walking, running, riding horses. No trauma and no swelling. Feels like nerve pain, but not sure. Soaking in Epsom salt helps, but doesn't make it go away. Wearing custom bed insoles makes no difference.
Please advise on similar experiences
Thank You
Christoph

Old 08-27-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Burning of bottom of feet

I had this for 15 years before I could find any relief without putting ice on the bottom of me feet. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and they treat that with Neurontin or Lyrica which improved the burning issue 90%. I am not saying you have Fibro, but you can talk to your doc about nerve pain and tell him about the two meds you would like to try. Burning in the feet can also mean Neuropathy, (nerve pain).

Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
(female)

Ann123 HB User

Is the pain strongest at the balls of your feet? It is possible you have Morton's neuroma in both feet - I did.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I've got the burning in both feet also from the arch to the balls of my feet. My podiatrist said that the nerve which runs through the plantar faciitis is irritated due to the fascia being tight/stretched. He recommended stretching my calves, etc., plus the custom orthotics but I still have it.

When I wake up my feet aren't burning unless I've overdone it the day before. The thing that works the best for me is to get off my feet before the burning starts, take a rest, and then walk again. I also use ice since I can't take antiinflammatory meds.

I couldn't imagine jogging/running with feet that are burning that would be agony. If it is a nerve condition the pounding of your feet hitting the pavement would surely irritate it.

Closed Thread