It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
did your foot look mishapen after cheilectomy??

Of those of you that have had a cheilectomy did your foot look deformed after surgery?? My husband had his done on his right foot big toe, 8 months ago. the scar from the incision is flat but the inside of his foot is curved horribly. it looks much different from the other foot and the pain has never got better. he still has stabbing pain and limps everyday what makes it worse is he wears steel toed boots all day. he called the doc that operated on him and was told well you didn't come in for all your post op visits. he did come in but was late for the second one by a week due to our son being in a near fatal accident and being paralyzed. the docs office said they would call him back and never did. now we are going in a couple of weeks to a new doc. i am worried they will say that he needs another surgery to repair it. anyone else have this problem and did they have another surgery to fix it??

Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: did your foot look mishapen after cheilectomy??

Mine was till all the swelling went down after about a month or so. But it's been beautifully straight since then. Looks like nothing was ever wrong with it. And the scar is only visible if you really look for it. I'd see another doc - preferably a sports med ortho who specializes in feet.

PS - my surgery was about 6 or 7 years ago....

Last edited by Titchou; 08-28-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

lourash HB User
Re: did your foot look mishapen after cheilectomy??

just as we thought his foot is nothing like yours. his curves out on the side where it normally does only much much worse. when you put his feet side by side the difference is very big. it hurts just like it did before surgery and oh I nearly forgot they also did a tarsal tunnel release too I worry it will need fused at the joint now.

Closed Thread