It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

Terevf HB User
Sprained ankle one year ago still major pain

Well, I sprained my ankle first time one year ago, by playing rugby for fun with my dad. He tackled me and I landed on my ankle in a wrong position. It cracked very loudly and the pain was severe and immediate. I put ice on it and a few moments latter a tried very hard to walck on it so that my father wont have to carry me inside.
I never wnt to the doctor and next day I went to see a masseur and he made my ankle feel better. I walcked on it since that day until I sprained it again one month later and my mom made me go to the hospital. The doctor said it was a very bad sprain and I had to stay on crutches for 40 days. I really hated the crutches so I left them home a week and a half latter, going to school without them and with some severe pain. I'm a sports girl so half week latter I was runnign and playing soccer, with severe pain but without much concern.

Now, a year latter I'm still in pain and much more concernet about this subject but afraid of going to the doctor (im not very fond of doctors) and afraid of telling my parents (because they will tell i'm being all girly and crying about nothing)

What do you think to be my problem?

And how can I solve it?

Thanks

Closed Thread