It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User
finally some good progress

It will be 6 months sept 9th from the heel osteotomy and 2 months on the sept 12 from pin removal. Went to PT today and got told I don't have to come back for my foot. I have had 3 whole days with no pain at all. YEPPIE!!!! I still have a very stiff calf muscle and ankle that wobbles when I do the one leg stand but no pain. The Plantar faciitis is still there but not near as bad and wear my strassburg sock every night. I hope this isn't false hope.I will be doing my exercises til everything is back to normal. I never thought this day would come but very thankful it has and continues. I reinjuried my shoulder and will continue PT for that and give them updates on the foot. I have been in PT for almost 3 yrs between 2 shoulder surgeries and 3 foot surgeries they are darn near like family now. Looking forward to the day I can just stop in and say HI and bring them pizza.
I have to say a big THANK YOU to all that have listened and given encouragement thoughout this whole healing process. You are all very wonderful and understanding people. I will continue to watch the postings and help when I can. I am so greatful to all you footie friends. Continued healing to all!!!!!!
Walleye a.k.a (Deb)

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
(female)

yaohua HB User
Re: finally some good progress

Congratulations on your progress! Six months and no pain, this is great! It gives me encouragement and hope. I am looking forward to being better. Hopefully, I feel as good as you are when I reach my six months recovery. I am 5 months + of post-op, but I am still having pain when walk. My gait is not perfect yet, and I am working on it constantly. I complained about my pain to my doctor when I went to see him last week. I was reminded by him three times during my visit that full recovery takes 10 months to a year; and it is only about 5 months. I can't do the one leg stand for 20 seconds, but I do feel my leg is getting stronger. I just have to be patient.--Yaohua

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Its really hard to figure out when the pain will stop but it does it one day. I find if I stand too long in the kitchen it lets me know. I did ALOT of walking these past 2 days along with a 600 mile motorcycle trip.My poor leg muscles let me know I need to work on them more. It felt so good to be riding my motorcycle. My shoulder was a little sore but hey life is going to move on so my choice is to start enjoying what I have missed out on for so long. I wish that everyone can start to do those things we have missed out on and do them without pain. Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone......

Old 09-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

YAY!!!

If I hadn't had surgery again I'd say celebrate via State Fair. However you should pop a wheelie on that Motorcycle of yours in joy. I'm 7 months and working more on balancing on one foot and it has been a trooper being my only leg to stand on, but yeah pushing too much and it will be that squeaky wheel. Kudos to your recovery!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

sandcastles HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye77 View Post
It will be 6 months sept 9th from the heel osteotomy and 2 months on the sept 12 from pin removal. Went to PT today and got told I don't have to come back for my foot. I have had 3 whole days with no pain at all. YEPPIE!!!! I still have a very stiff calf muscle and ankle that wobbles when I do the one leg stand but no pain. The Plantar faciitis is still there but not near as bad and wear my strassburg sock every night. I hope this isn't false hope.I will be doing my exercises til everything is back to normal. I never thought this day would come but very thankful it has and continues. I reinjuried my shoulder and will continue PT for that and give them updates on the foot. I have been in PT for almost 3 yrs between 2 shoulder surgeries and 3 foot surgeries they are darn near like family now. Looking forward to the day I can just stop in and say HI and bring them pizza.
I have to say a big THANK YOU to all that have listened and given encouragement thoughout this whole healing process. You are all very wonderful and understanding people. I will continue to watch the postings and help when I can. I am so greatful to all you footie friends. Continued healing to all!!!!!!
Walleye a.k.a (Deb)

Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
(female)

sandcastles HB User

Debra,

What great news!

You have come so far, congratulations!

How is the RSD? Do you continue to take medication or are you in remission?

Again, Iím thrilled to hear of your progress.

Sandy

Closed Thread