It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
the 8th surgery

i am having surgery tomorrow to fix hallux varus. this is a reverse akin procedure. it will take 3 months for recovery. i will have to wear a surgical shoe and walk on my heel or use crutches. the stitches come out about 10 days later and hopefully i will be able to walk flat. i cant believe this is happening again. all i am doing is crying. i am worried it wont heal right, i will gain weight and my tennis stops. this is my right foot and when i am ready to drive, i dont see how that will happen. it is against the law to drive with any type of gear on the right foot. the dr sent a form for a handicapped sticker. if any of you remember me, please say a prayer because i am really scared. thanks, debbie

Old 09-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User
Re: the 8th surgery

Hey Deb, I was with you on the 7th surgery. I remember you very well. You were very kind and helpful for me back then and we spent alot of time posting. I can't believe you have to do it again. Let's cross our fingers, say a loud prayer that this is the final surgury for you. Only good thoughts are coming your way!!!!!!!! You hang in there and when you can post so we can be here for you. Big Big Hugs!!
Walleye

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

sandcastles HB User

Hello Debbie,

I’m sorry to hear that conservative means didn’t work out for you.

As you may recall I, too, had my toe “over corrected.” I had my revision surgery in July, of last year. I am now eight day’s post-op hardware removal (third operation).

I have to say that this hasn’t been a “walk-in-the-park.”

I have yet to return to my beloved vocation (requires perfect balance and the ability to move quickly) - I’m hopeful that I will heal properly - so that I can return sometime soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Sandy

Last edited by sandcastles; 09-07-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Chubstercat HB UserChubstercat HB User

Debbie, I will say a prayer for you. You will make it; you have gone thru so much that was far worst. The fusion - I may have to do this and I am really scared. I cry everyday as well. You are not alone. Good luck. Keep posting.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User

Hang in there Debbie. We are pulling for you. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are able. Please know I (we) care and are thinking about you.

Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Same from me....hope/pray all goes well.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

today i am in a lot of pain so i am taking the pain meds. i decided to put on my walking boot instead of the surgical shoe because it makes my foot feel more secure. thanks for responding-it makes me feel so good. i hope none of you have to go thru any type of surgery again.i cant believe this happened again. i am trying to have positive thoughts, but it is hard.

Closed Thread