It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

lourash HB User
confused after new doc visit

My husband had tarsal tunnel release and a cheilectomydone on his right foot 8 months ago. They did not fuse the joint , right after surgery the doc goes oh by the way you will need that fused here in a couple of years. Why didn;t he just fix it right the first time if they knew it would be needed soon!! He had a spinal due to a difficult airway and surgery is a big deal due to breathing complications. They also did the tarsal tunnel release and said he had many varicose vains and one main nerve was trapped quit badly.
He never got better the pain is just like it was before the surgery. He still limps and has shooting pain in his toe. We called the surgeon back and he blamed my husband he said he missed a follow up appt. The reason he was a couple weeks late to one follow up appt was because our son nearly died in an accident and is paralyzed. They said the doc would call back and never did. So , I made an appt. with a doc that everyone says is great!! He went this morning.
They xrayed it and he goes back next week. But so far they have said this he has a large bunion on the right great toe the same one that had the bone spur removed. And either the tarsal tunnel has come back or he has nerves entrapped which I thought was the same thing. And his toe needs fused!! We won't know until next week for sure.
Has anyone of you had tarsal tunnel come back ?? And did you get a bunion after having a bone spur removed?? He is raising heck about missing work to have his foot fixed but I was worried nerve intrapment could be bad for the circulation in his foot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: confused after new doc visit

No, you should not have a bunion after a cheilectomy. I'd get a second opinion - from a sports med ortho who does only feet and is board certified by the orthopedic foot and ankle society.

Closed Thread