It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
(female)

hairdresser55 HB User
Screw Removal

I had heel surgery June 19, 2009. After the last cast came off, I asked my doctor about a hard place under my ankle. I told him it felt like a screw. He said it may be insoluble material used in the surgery. It has been uncomfortable but the last 2 weeks the pain has been excruciating! I dont know why he did not order an xray a long time ago. It feels like a knife cutting into my flesh and it feels like it is on fire. I have an appointment this Friday for an Xray. Is this normal? Should I be really ****** at him for making me go through this pain for so long? Do screws come loose and dig in the flesh?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
(female)

ukbelle HB User
Re: Screw Removal

I know screw can come loose but I am not sure about the pain level of it. Do i think you should be ****** HELL YEAH!! You should have insisted that day that he order an xray for you just to make sure. I think your doctor was very negligent.

I had to go back today only to have a cast repair and mine insisted on taking off the whole cast and checking it all out. And when I complained two weeks ago he took xrays right then and there even tho it wasn't in the "right part" of my injury. SOme may think this is why healthcare is too expensive, but if I have pain I want it checked!!

Best of luck to you!! Next time be a little more forceful. It's your body, you have to deal with it and no one knows better than you when things don't feel right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread