It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
(male)

Perry2 HB User
Pain after running just behind ball of foot?

I hadn't run in a while and went out the other day and did a mile in proper shoes. I developed a pain some time after. Not on the solebut kind of up and in on the ball. I poked and squeezed it thinking maybe a stress fracture but nothing shooting. I get up, its fine, walk on it and as the day goes on I start to limp. Its feels almost like an inner sprain except the pain disappears after resting for a bit, and then comes back after walking.
Anyone had anything similar? Is this the type of thing that ice and NSAIDs might help? I can't see a foot doctor recomending anything more than maybe an insole. Ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Pain after running just behind ball of foot?

Look up Planters Fasciitis and see if this fits what you are experiencing. There are a lot of things you can do at home. Sometimes it goes away quickly and sometimes not. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Apparently the plantar fascitis is a heel problem only. This is forward of that area. But I have been resting it which seemed to help. Pain free for a couple of days now.
Just one of those things I guess. Unless it comes back after I try to run again Thanks for the response.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

kaylan39 HB User

im a 39 years old from the philippines and i started joining fun runs almost every week. at first it was all fun until i started running long distance and some speed works. my heel is very painful after every run and specially in the morning when i wake up. i went to the doctor and he told me that its plantar fascitis. my heel is over used and i need a break for 6-8 weeks. i also started the therapy. right now i feel better.

Closed Thread