It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

kkitchen13 HB User
Question Pain after foot fusion

Hello I am new to this board although I have been a guest many times. I have a question I hope someone out there has an answer. I was in a car accident in 2006 did a lot of damage to right foot. In February of 2008 I had a triple fusion.In December of same year I had to have hardware removed because I was in a great deal of pain, turns out I had a screw loose-yah my family had a field day with that one. I have been working since Aug of 2006 at a very strenuous job. Finally I could not take the pain anymore and two weeks ago my doctor took me off work as soon as she seen my job description. Any how she ordered a MRI just to check it out and it came back that even though I had the hardware removed there is metal "floating around"-her words- in there. This is the first time in 3 1/2 years that I am actually pain free, because I am not working. I can go up and down steps without pain and walk all day long and no pain at all. My question or questions are has anyone had metal left in foot or any fusion and does the pain every go away. I am trying to find a new job one that doesn't cause pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Pain after foot fusion

what kind of job were you doing? if another job works and you are pain free, i would ask the dr if the metal has to come out. after my hardware removal from toe fusion, i was pain free. the dr could not get 1 screw out because it was too hard to get to. i am still pain free after almost 2 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
(female)

kkitchen13 HB User
Re: Pain after foot fusion

I am a machine operator. Most of the jobs are moving heavy objects, rolls of paper that are 5 foot high but only 7 inchs wide and they weigh 150 lbs, large dumpsters that hold up to 1000 lbs. I have been looking for a new job but can't find anything in this economy.

Closed Thread