It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
(female)

janinalabama HB User
Unhappy PTTD Confused/ Surgery or not? HELP

7 weeks ago everything was fine, then I woke up with unbearable pain in my left foot. It progressed through the day and evening, then next morning, hubby had to take me to a foot clinic. Doc there was suspicious of a possible Achilles tear and PTT problems. He referred me on to an os so that perhaps an MRI would be ordered quicker. Next a.m. saw the os. He xrayed, then put in a hard cast and said it was ptt problems. return in two weeks. returned in two weeks, problems still existed, so cast replaced for an additional 4 weeks, At the end of 4 weeks, cast removed, os had me to attempt a heel lift and i was unable to do it; he found palpable tenderness around my inside ankle as before. he referred me on to a foot and ankle os in the same building. request for a mri as made. 2nd os took a break loo at the foot and said he thought he felt a tear in the ptt but wanted to get an mri to see what is really going on; feels we areheading for surgery. Placed in air boot for now. each day I try and find a reason not to have a surgery; try to see improvements in my foot. I can, in fact, flex my toes back and forth and enve point like a ballerine *but the pointing cause a good bit of pain in the front of my ankle. Pushing inward also causes a lot ofpain. Before my pain was around the inside of my inside ankle. Now, the pain is more on top and to the outside if the ankle. The tenderness is also moved to an aera above my ankle along my calf, I am confused about this pain movement. Is this charateristic for PTTD? Help!

Jan M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread