It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
(male)

Jrtfoot HB User
Nerve pain after surgery

I am aproximately 4 weeks after a chevron bunionectomy. Before the surgery a lot of the pain i was feeling I believed was from a previous surgery. It really felt like a nerve pain. When the docs went in this time they said that the nerve was caught up in scar tissue and they relieved it. The problem is that i still feel the same exact nerve pain amplified. I told the surgeon and he said it needs time to relax because it was under a lot of tension. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

jane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB User
Re: Nerve pain after surgery

I had Lapidus bunionectomy 6 weeks ago and I'm feeling nerve pain, too. It's my first surgery, so I don't have the residual nerve/scar tissue issues you're having. My surgeon said that I'll feel some pains as my foot moves more, so I'm trusting him that what I'm feeling is normal. Also, I sometimes feel pain where the bunion used to be. Sort of like a phantom pain. Not sure if that is normal!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread