It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

BUNIONPAIN HB User
I need help finding a great doctor!!!

Hello, I have a pretty extensive history with foot surgeries. I have had three now and I am in extreme pain. I am only 28 years old and don't want to live the rest of my life like this.

I am wondering if anyone know of any great doctors in the Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, DC area. Or any surrounding area. I am now willing to travel anywhere I need to. I just need help.

Thank you so much in advance for all your responses. I greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I need help finding a great doctor!!!

WEll, not being sure of my PA geography and too lazy to look it up - is there a pro basketball or football team near you? A major college athletic program (Penn State, etc)? Call them and find out who they use for your particular issue and go to that person. You can check out their education and background (also known as a "CV" - resume to us in the non-medical or academic world) via several web sites. US News and & World Report lists the top schools, etc so you can cross reference that way.

Or, ask your family doctor or anyone else you know that's had your problem.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #3
(female)

aed2113 HB User

Check out Greater Chesapeake Orthopedic Associates. They have offices all over the Greater Baltimore area, their main office is at Union Memorial Hospital. There are a couple of doctors with them who focus on the foot and ankle. I'm young as well and having surgery is never fun and I've had some complications, not anyone's fault, but overall I'm happy with my doctor here. I also know they work with the sports teams in the area, which I know a lot of people look at as a marker for a good doc...Good luck.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB User

I would look at Hospital For Special Surgery in NYC ... best orthopedic hospital in the country.

I am going on my third surgery and will be going there myself ...

Good luck!

Closed Thread