It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

Debvzw HB User
Question 2 years post PTTD surgery and still in pain

I had PTTD surgery 2 years ago on my right foot and I'm still in pain. Every day I wake with a swollen foot. After I squeeze my foot into a shoe the swelling will either go down or move up to my ankle. If I walk too long, I get terrible pain in my heel that causes me to limp. I get pain on my outside ankle and sometimes a burning on the inside ankle. I've spent hundreds of dollars on shoes that fit when I try them on and then never again.

I keep going back to the doctor. He takes xrays and tells me that all of the hardware is still in place and looks good and that there is no reason for all of this pain and swelling.

He has diagnosed me with RSD. Tomorrow I am scheduled for a nerve block which scares me. I think something is wrong in my foot not just the nerves.

Has anyone else had such terrible luck after PTTD surgery? I want to be pain free and to be able to wear normal shoes again...any suggestions?

Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
(female)

rose815 HB User
Re: 2 years post PTTD surgery and still in pain

I say find another doctor. Sounds like this guy is jerking you around. I'm no doctor but if you would have RSD wouldn't you have it all over your body and just not your foot?
Take care I hope you find a solution
Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

MACHLADY HB User
Re: 2 years post PTTD surgery and still in pain

Hi, I had all these surgery's done on my left foot back in October, everything was coasting along just fine but over these last 3 months I have been having really bad pain at the bottom towards the back of the ankle. To the point that I can not walk for longer than about 20 mins with out having sit down. The Doctor is stumped and can not understand what has derailed me. He has put me back in the boot and I had another M.R.I done this past Friday. He thinks that I may had additional tendon issues. But because I am walking so bad my knee in the other leg is giving me issues. So he put me on a steriod pack and a knee brace. Wow what I sight I look. I am so over this now and depressed with dealing with this. Has anybody else had these kinds of set backs.

Closed Thread