It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

bocadiva HB User
Cool hemi implant

5 days after hemi implant and I"m amazed that I had no pain after the surgery. First check up next wednesday to remove the dressing. Have to admit I'm a little nervous, but hoping for the best.

Took no pain meds but he did give me a strong anti inflamation script that probably helped out a lot. I stopped that yesterday as I don't like the side effects and want to see how this feels without any meds (except the anti biotics).

Anyone out there who had similar experience and where did you go from here.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
Re: hemi implant

Hi bocadiva, was the hemi implant in your 1st MTP joint?

I am interested in hearing how you heal. I had that joint fused in October and happy with it so far, so am not planning on that surgery for myself.

Good luck and happy healing. May you heal well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

bocadiva HB User

Yes, first MTP joint. From what I've heard, the fusion is not reversable so if you've had that done you cannot go back.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocadiva View Post
Yes, first MTP joint. From what I've heard, the fusion is not reversable so if you've had that done you cannot go back.

That is my understanding too. I chose this route because I did not want to face another foot surgery in a year or two. I felt that the fusion was in my future no matter what, so I decided to do it and get it over with. So far, so good. It is better than the initial condition.

I hope your foot heals well and is all that you hope it will be.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
(female)

sharon1libra HB User
Smile Re: hemi implant

i just had a hemi implant in july 2010. i see it's been awhile for you. how is your toe now? i also wasn't in a lot of pain afterward. now that it's almost one month i want to exercise my toe but don't want to go to a therapist. after the bunion was removed 5 yrs ago, did therapy and felt that was a waste of time. what did you do?

Old 08-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
(female)

bocadiva HB User

I am so happy with the results of my surgery. We moved to florida in early June and I have not had shoes on since that time. Only wear sandals or bare feet. No pain to speak of. Occasionally get a little discomfort but nothing compared to what i had before the surgery. I am completely satisfied. I had PT for a while after the surgery but didn't stick with it for long because I was able to do everything they showed my at hom. I hope you progress as well as I did.,

Old 08-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
(female)

sharon1libra HB User
Smile Re: hemi implant

thanks for the info. glad to hear things worked out good for you. take care

Old 10-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
(male)

MarylandWest HB UserMarylandWest HB User

Yeah I had the hemi implant and my body rejected it. Doc said that the toe was closing in on the joint. I was great for 3 months and after that I could bearly walk. Good luck though. Everybody is different. I'm on my 2nd implant (silicone) and thats doing the same thing as the first one (closing in on the joint instead of providing cushioning). So a fusion is the only thing left for me. So just be aware that my big toes hate me.
Good Luck
MDWEST

The following user gives a hug of support to MarylandWest:
Gleegirl (12-06-2010)
Closed Thread