It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
(female)

pearl66 HB User
Lump on the top of foot

I have a feeling i may be getting my bunion back.My big toe is still a little stiff and feels quite tight. There seems to be a lump in the same position as the bunion site but this time it is on top of my foot. I had a bunionectomy 6 months ago and so im rather worried that everything is not ok. I saw my OS and he told me to come back in 6 months and he would give me a cortisone injection. I dont think this will fix my problem.

Can anybody give me any advice.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
Re: Lump on the top of foot

The steroid injection might make your foot feel better for awhile. I had one and it helped, but only for a short time.

You might want to see your doctor. I had a bump on the top of my foot. I thought I was growing a bunion since that is a family thing. It was arthritis. Apparently a bump at the side of the foot is a bunion. A "dorsal bunion" or bump on the top of the foot is arthritis. Generally.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User

I have arthritis too on the foot that still needs bunion surgery. It literally popped up over the summer, top of the joint at the base of the big toe. I thought my bunion was getting worse, and it hurt to flex back. Went to my POD who confirmed arthritis. I have been waiting for it to develop on the foot that had surgery, nothing yet. Have it checked out to be sure of the cause, and ask for new x-rays.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
(female)

pearl66 HB User

Thanks girls for your advice

I went to see my podiatrist today she is going to make me some orthotics for my shoes as she thinks they will help with my gait. She thinks i have hallux limitus on my foot and the bone will need to be shaved. I dont know much about this problem but the thought of more surgery is scarey.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User

I hope the orthotics do the trick Pearl. I wouldn't be eager for more surgery either. Would you consider seeking a second opinion? One thing I've learned from my own surgery and reading posts is that foot maladies and surgeries are tricky business. I'm also closing in on 50 years of age, so it is a toss up if my feet issues are due to age or a result of having bunions for years. I suppose it is a combination of both. Hope you find relief soon.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
(female)

lam4597 HB User

I also have a bump on top of my foot. i saw a foot dr and he said it was cuneiform-saddle bone. It was not arthritis in my case. The only way to remove it is thru surgery-I was scared to have it done-I hate surgeries. Mine is all red and chapped on just that bone, the rest of my foot is fine. Any idea how I can get rid of the dry, chapped redness on the bone. Try looking up cuneiform bone-saddle foot abnormality

Old 02-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
(female)

pearl66 HB User

Thankyou Iam4597 i had a look on the site you told me to see if it is a bone.saddle foot abnormality i have and i honestly dont know. My pod said she thought it halux limitus. I have been wearing orthodics for the last two weeks in my closed shoes for work and they help. My foot is pretty tight in this area and i do have to keep stretching it out . Sorry to hear about your problem did you actually have surgery on your foot.and if so how long afo and did it work ?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
(female)

lam4597 HB User

I am glad I helped. I did not do the surgery because it really doesn't hurt. It just looks funny-lol
maybe one day I will be brave! You know what they say..if it ain't broke don't fix it! haha

Closed Thread