It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
(female)

pg18 HB User
Ankle OCD Repair Post Op

I had ankle microfracture drilling and ligament repair 8 weeks ago. I was just given the go ahead to get rid of my crutches and start walking in my boot. I have been limping around for 2 days and the pain is crazy. It think that it hurts worse than post op. Is that normal? Can anyone share a bit about when they first started walking? I am off to PT today. Maybe they can help.

Thank you!
Pamela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: Ankle OCD Repair Post Op

Yes, it always hurts more at first. I've been through microfracture 3 times plus OATS. Until 3-4 mos post op, it will hurt more than before and that is normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
(male)

jscdrs HB User

I had microfracture 5 weeks ago and I can say that my experience is different from yours. I have not had any pain at all. The swelling went down within 3 days and I got almost all my mobility back in 2 weeks and looking forward to walking this week.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope it gets better. Keep the ice on it and do your PT everyday.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB User

Pam,

I am 2 years post drilling and 1.5 years post OATS and all I can say is when they give you clearance to move from NWB to WB, do it gradually - they don't mean throw the crutches aside completely and just start walking in the boot.

Start of walking in the boot with both crutches, see how that feels and when you get comfortable with it move to one crutch (crutch should be under the arm on the opposite side of the bad foot) ... then from one work your way to none. If this takes 2 weeks so be it, you shouldn't be in so much pain as it could be your foot saying you are doing too much too soon.

Good luck, I know this part is hard but you will get through it ...

Kim

Closed Thread