It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

Kalikt HB User
post-op bunionectomy and 2nd metatarsal break concern

Hi everyone. I am a 23 year old female, on my 4th week post-op from a bunionectomy and 2nd metatarsal break on my left foot. A few days ago my stitches and the pin sticking out of my big toe were removed, and I was told I could now walk with my foot, but only with the use of this big medical boot that covers my foot and comes up below my knee. Anyways my 2nd toe is still resting on top of my big toe and my 3rd toe (Prior to the surgery my foot and toes were always this way - annoying and uncomfortable) and I thought the surgery was going to fix this, especially with the 2nd metatarsal break. So I was wondering if anyone had experienced this before or knew anything about it. My 1st and 2nd toes are still somewhat swollen but it doesn't look like there will be enough room for my 2nd toe to be properly aligned with my other toes when the swelling does go down. Is there anything I can do to fix this or make it better or is my toe always going to be that way without another surgery?
Thanks everyone and I appreciate all your help.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
(female)

jane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB User
Re: post-op bunionectomy and 2nd metatarsal break concern

Your foot and toes are probably still swollen so they'll probably get somewhat smaller, but if they're still overlapping you should talk to your doctor. Has your doctor said anything about it? I get x-rays at each post-op appointment to make sure my bones aren't shifting. I'm not sure they can do anything besides surgery, but better to find out sooner than later, especially if you're getting surgery on your other foot (I just replied to your other post about when to have the next bunionectomy ).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread