It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

Kalikt HB User
How long do I need to wait before having a bunionectomy on my other foot?

Hi everyone. I had a left bunionectomy and 2nd metatarsal break on dec. 11th, 2009. I just got my stitches and pin out a few days ago and can walk using a medical boot. My Dr. told me I will be able to wear regular shoes in about 3 weeks and then I have an appt. to see him a week later. I also need to get my right bunion removed. What I want to know is how long do I need to wait before I can get my right foot operated on? I want to get this 2nd surgery asap because I am planning on moving and want to do that asap. I am 23 years old and in good health. Your knowledge and experience concerning this will be very helpful. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #2
(female)

jane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB User
Re: How long do I need to wait before having a bunionectomy on my other foot?

Hi, Kalikt.

My surgeon waits a minimum of 4 months between surgeries to make sure surgery was a success on the first foot. I had a bunionectomy on my left foot on Aug 11 and on my right foot on Dec 8. I think that was about right for me because my left foot was healed well enough to support me while I'm recuperating my right foot. Have you asked your doctor how long he typically waits?

~ Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
(female)

Kalikt HB User

Thanks for the info Jill! At least now I have a time frame. And I haven't asked my Dr. yet, he knows I'm planning on getting the other one done though, but when I mention it he just says latter - a man of few words, not the best bedside manner lol thanks Jill

Old 01-17-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
(female)

jane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB Userjane806 HB User

You're welcome, Kalikt. Some doctors (especially surgeons) don't like to talk. My surgeon is rare - great doctor and has a personality! LOL! As long as you don't have any complications, I think 4-6 months between surgeries is common.

~ Jill

Last edited by jane806; 01-17-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Closed Thread