I am three months post big toe fusion. My healing has gone well until recently. My orthotics do not feel right now, so I made an appointment to see the podiatrist who prescribed them and cast me, in order to get them adjusted. I got my surgery report, six week follow-up report from the surgeon, and six week post-op x-ray report to give to the podiatrist. I noticed the x-ray report said there was no evidence of boney fusion. I recently had my foot x-rayed again, and apparently the bone is receding. I went for a bone scan on Thursday to see if there is a bone infection, since receding bone might indicate an infection. Now I have to wait until Wednesday to learn the results. I suspect there is an infection.
I am still glad that I did this, though now I am nervous about what will happen next. If it is infection, I will likely have to have six weeks of antibiotics. That will be a drag, but if it works, I can handle it.
My foot is still tender. The doctor seemed to think that was odd at this point. What was your pain level at the three month mark?