It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

thefrosh3 HB User
Question Ipod in the operating room???

hey everyone,

My ankle arthroscopy is a little over a week away and I have one more question:
Are you allowed to bring your iPod in the operating room?

I would really like to know. All answers will be appreciated!

thanks,
thefrosh

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
Re: Ipod in the operating room???

Hi thefrosh, I was told it depended on the doc doing the anaesthetic. The one doing my anaesthetic allowed them. Others felt there was already too many wires and things and would not allow them.

Have you met the anaesthetist yet? If not, that would be a good place to ask. Or, ask the surgeon's office or the pre-admin people. Someone will be able to answer what your specific hospital and doctors allow.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
(female)

Trixie1966 HB User

I know that with all three of my C Sections I was allowed a CD player. The anesthesiologists all signed off on this because I told them that a little Cat Stevens goes a long way regarding my pre op anxiety. We were living in deep south Florida and I was shocked at how few people had even heard of Cat - and the funny thing was that the OB GYN actually said the C Section rolled along a lot quicker due to the music. They may sign off on a CD player easier than an I Pod because they could still communicate w/me whereas with an I Pod they would need to remove the ear phones to get you to hear them.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
(female)

thefrosh3 HB User

hi trixie1966,

I don't think it would matter with my procedure because I am getting general anesthesia and will be completely out. So, I don't think that there will be a need to hear the doctors. But, I do agree with the comment about relieving pre-op stress. Thanks for your reply!

thefrosh

Old 01-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

Actually I want the doc to be stress free, he is the one doing the work.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
Actually I want the doc to be stress free, he is the one doing the work.
Totally! When I had my surgery, the doctor came in and was adjusting the table to the right height. He was saying "up a bit", "down a bit" etc. I commented that I wanted to make sure he was comfortable. He laughed and said he thought I was asleep. It all turned out well, so he must have been comfortable.

Closed Thread