It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
(female)

nanapickles HB User
Angry Problems with both feet

I've been going to a foot surgeon since June 09. She said that I had plantar fasciitis with heels spur. So I went to P.T. The P.T. wasn't so sure that was my problem. So Since Nov. I have been on several different pills for swelling plus 7 shots in my heel for in one foot three in another. Nov. I had surgery the pain was made worse. So she gave me 2 more shots. Pain pills since surgery. I kept telling her that I was in worse shape now than I was before I came to her office. I now had sever pain, numb heels the blanket couldn't touch them at night. They were burning plus stabbing pain. It was hard to walk also. She was not to worry about the numb heels she said. She said she didn't know what to do for me. I've should of been cured. So she sent me for a nerve test. The bottom of my feet the tarsal nerve was not responding. The neuro. said it should be at least a six. in both feet. He said it was a foot doctors problem. So they sent me back to her. So she gave me to more shots this time in the ankle. She also told me to wear the black boot she gave me before. 24/7. I asked her if I should use a crutch. We were only going to wear it on the right foot for now because I need to be abe to walk. One week later I went back, no improvement. I asked her if they had something more comfortable to wear at night. She said they could give me a splint. So the girl brings one in. I told her that I have this one all ready. That I have been wearing it 24/7 for a week. She said that you are not suppose to be walking in it. I told her that the dr. told me to use the one I had. I never saw a walking boot before, yet along the splint before I came here. I didn't know the name of my black boot. I told the girl to get the doctor back in here. All the doctor could say was no matter you are not getting better. So I have been walking for one week in a splint which was making my foot more pain full.
I read that a doctor that nit experience could confuse Plantar F. with tarsal tunnel. I asked her if the nerve could of been cut during surgery. She said she didn't cut no nerve that I must had this also the whole time.
After the Plantar F. surgery I was allowed to bear weight no restriction. I read some people said they were not to bear weight. What did your doctor say? I am really doubting my doctor. I do not trust her anymore. 13 shots later, P.T., surgery lots of pills and no cure. Could someone give me some insight to there experience. If I find another doctor will they want to treat me after another docotr did I believe a surgery that was not the right one. Or did she cut the nerve. I'm going crazy. Now I have this boot on I have added pain

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Problems with both feet

Before your surgery, did you have tests to confirm plantar fasciitis and heel spurs ? Just wondering cause your PT didn't think this is what it was ?

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

nanapickles HB User

The doc just said that was my problem. She did a set of xrays. The P.T. girl said that she didn't think I had Plantar F. she said my foot and knee was pronating sorry about the spelling. or something like this. What kind of test would show P.F. What would a MRI. show. The place where she cut me for surgery will burn on the inside of the ankle. But the outside of the ankle are also is in a lot of pain.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
(female)

wtwct HB User

What kind of surgery did she do? Did she move your heel?

Old 01-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
(female)

nanapickles HB User

She did plantar fasciitis and removed the heel spurs.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
(female)

wildflowerschi HB User

Just my opinion, but you tried it her way...now I would go to a Chiropractor. Call the PT and ask them to refer one. If it is similar to tarsal tunnel, then like with some carpal tunnel it would respond well to adjustment, physical therapy and massage therapy. If the shots aren't working, then no more shots!!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanapickles View Post
The doc just said that was my problem. She did a set of xrays. The P.T. girl said that she didn't think I had Plantar F. she said my foot and knee was pronating sorry about the spelling. or something like this. What kind of test would show P.F. What would a MRI. show. The place where she cut me for surgery will burn on the inside of the ankle. But the outside of the ankle are also is in a lot of pain.
Having a Ultra Sound on both Feet should have confirmed Plantar Fasciitis.

Maybe you can take a family member or a friend with you to the next appointment with this doctor to ask more questions. Seems like there may be some lack of communication with this doctor. Before your next appointment write down questions that you need to know answers to about all of this.
This doctor needs to explain more to you.

Hope your pain leaves and your feeling better soon.
BeHappy2

Closed Thread