It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

Sparksa HB User
Smile OCD surgery 1 year on

Hi all
Is nearly 1 year since I had the OCD surgery.
The surgery seem to have been a success, still no xray or MRI to confirm it, but my ankle feels fine. The swelling is about 97% gone, still a bit left but really doesn't bother me, and thanks to the hyper flexible joints, my ankle is not stiff.
The surgeon doesn't really want to go for the second ankle, unless it starts to lock too.
In July when I went for the checkup, they found out I had PTTD grade 1, and sent me for insoles, nothing wrong with that, except that it took them more then 3 months to do the insoles and by the time I received them the PTTD went to grade 2, to make it nicer is in both ankles. Lucky me again
Even though it took them more then 3 months to make the insoles, they seem to have got the wrong measurements (foam box) as they don't support the arches enough and the right ankle is still twisting, useless to go for adjustments as the appointments are 6 weeks apart and no chance to go before. On 3rd gonna go see another Orthotics as I had enough with this one.
Last time I went for a checkup, my surgeon sent me for intensive physio to correct the PTTD and strengthen the ankle, he said to start with therabands. Went to physio and the physio started with wobble board, core strengthening and lifting up in toes... no therabands... this seem to have mocked up my PTTD even more as now is more swollen, more painful and I can't walk or be on my feet for long anymore.
I'm trying to find another NHS physio before this one is messing up my ankles more then they already are.
I got only one wish for my bday... Bionic ankles

Sparksa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread