It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User
Tendonitis

Can someone please help me? I am in so much pain. On Thursday I went to my doctor because I had pain in both my ankles. It was swollen and very painful. She told me to take 3 advils 3 times a day. It helped alittle but last night it got worst.

Last night, I went to the ER. He confirmed it was tendonitis. He gave me a steroid (Prednisone). He told me to take 3 pills all at once. Each pill was 20mg. I took that this morning. He also gave me pain pills. I just took one of those.

I had tendonitis in my arm, wrist, hips and now my ankles. I've been putting ice packs on it and I use the foot massage with warm water.

When I had tendonitis in my wrist, I had it for 2 years. Finally I went to an orthopedic surgeon who gave me a cortizone shot for instant relief.

The ER doctor told me it can take 2 weeks to heal. How can it heal at all when I walk on my feet?

It's so painful that I walk on my hands and knees.

Does anyone know how long before these pills will work and how long it will take for it to stop hurting?

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Bernice

Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
(female)

midwestmary HB User
Re: Tendonitis

Bernice -

Where is the pain in your foot? It might be best to get into a good Podiatrist. In my case, I developed tendonitis of the posterior tibial tendon (runs along the inside of your ankle) - went first to the family Dr. who thought it was just a mild case....but because of the pain I went to my podiatrist who immediately surmised that I had torn the tendon and put me in a boot for three weeks. That was in November. Long story short, I'm just now two weeks post op from surgery - the tendon disintigrated very quickly - which I truly hope is not the case for you.

Let us know how you are coming along.

Mry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

[QUOTE=midwestmary;4176239]Bernice -

Where is the pain in your foot? It might be best to get into a good Podiatrist. In my case, I developed tendonitis of the posterior tibial tendon (runs along the inside of your ankle) - went first to the family Dr. who thought it was just a mild case....but because of the pain I went to my podiatrist who immediately surmised that I had torn the tendon and put me in a boot for three weeks. That was in November. Long story short, I'm just now two weeks post op from surgery - the tendon disintigrated very quickly - which I truly hope is not the case for you.

Let us know how you are coming along.

Mry[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The pain is on both ankles, on the inner side near my bone and runs up my leg alittle. I took off of work for a few days and I walk (crawl) around the house on my hands and knees so I don't use my feet. LOL How can it heal if I keep using it? Hopefully it will start getting better.

Bernice

Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
(female)

midwestmary HB User

Good morning, Bernice -

How are things going? You sound like you are in a tremendous amount of pain - if it continues, I hope you will consider getting into a good podiatrist. I'd hate to see you end up with a torn tendon - I've learned they don't get better. Take care, and keep us updated.

Mary

Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

[QUOTE=midwestmary;4176698]Good morning, Bernice -

How are things going? You sound like you are in a tremendous amount of pain - if it continues, I hope you will consider getting into a good podiatrist. I'd hate to see you end up with a torn tendon - I've learned they don't get better. Take care, and keep us updated.

Mary[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Yes I am in a lot of pain. I have to walk on my hands and knees. The pain pills don't even help much. I'm going back to my doctor on Friday. She will probably refer me to an orthopedic. I say give me a cortizone shot and make it feel better. LOL

Bernice

Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Bernice HB User

My ankles don't hurt as much ( I took a few days off of work and haven't walked much on my feet). Now my heals hurt when I walk on them. My girlfriend told me it sounds like I might have "plantar Fasciitis". She said she had it and it took a long time to heal.

Does anyone know anything about Plantar Fasciitis? How long does it take to heal? I can't afford to take a lot of time off a work. I read there's shoes or boots that will help heal it. Will wearing these shoes help stop the pain?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank Youi

Bernice

Closed Thread