It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
(male)

nyct79 HB User
Cyst on my left foot and leg tighness/soreness

I developed a lump on the bottom of my left foot at the begining of December, it's a swollen area and hurts if pressure is applied. Luckily it is on the arch of the foot and not often an area that I step on. I went to a podiatrist in the middle of January, he examined it, he thought it might have been from an injury or a foreign object under the skin, he asked me to come back in March and see if it had gone away by then on it's own. Over the past two weeks I have started to develop a situation where at times the muscles in my legs are feeling very tight, especially if i sit for a long period of time the muscles in the lower part of the leg primarily will begin to feel warm/tingly, and when i rise to walk they feel tight and a little sore mostly around the lower part of the leg. I went back to the podiatrist last week, he did an ultrasound found that is is a fluid filed cyst, and he thought the tightness in the legs would be possibly from me changing my gait when i walk to avoid the cyst....however I have had the cyst since december, and I have never in my life had these feelings in my legs, any advice as to what it may be and how I should pursue care would be much appreciated, the podiatrist I saw thought it best to just leave as is., thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Cyst on my left foot and leg tighness/soreness

I'm surprised he didn't suggest taping the cyst (athletic tape from any drug store wrapped firmly around the foot where the cyst is). They often go way with that as the pressure pushes the top onto the bottom and the fluid dries up. As for the leg pain, I don't know about that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
(male)

nyct79 HB User
Re: Cyst on my left foot and leg tighness/soreness

No, he didn't say anything about taping it, he actually said to just leave it alone.....not sure why

Closed Thread