It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

tulip2222 HB User
Strange pain in foot! Can anyone help?

About 10 days ago, I woke up with unbearable pain in my right foot. The pain is on the bottom of my foot, in the ball, and extends up through my big toe. My other toes and the rest of the foot are unaffected. I cannot put any weight on it. The area is swollen on the side and top of the foot. My big toe throbs and I have little to no movement or feeling in it.

Initially, I had no idea how I did this. I went to bed feeling fine and woke up this way. The pain was bad enough that I thought I might possibly have a broken bone. I thought perhaps I had a sleep walking incident (I've done this before) so I went to the doctor. She told me I had simply pinched a nerve. I had been wearing high heels the night before, so she told me this was the reason.

I thought it was a little strange because I wear heels regularly and never have problems. Plus, the heels weren't even hurting my feet when I was wearing them.

I iced the area on and off for a couple days and tried to stay off of it and it started to feel better. Suddenly, when I woke up two days ago, it returned out of nowhere, worse than before without any warning signs!

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Does it sound like a pinched nerve or should I return to another doctor for a second opinion? I live on a college campus and rely heavily on walking!

Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Strange pain in foot! Can anyone help?

Maybe you should see a podiatrist, it could be mortons neuroma, look it up.

Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Strange pain in foot! Can anyone help?

Could be any number of things: pinched nerve, neuroma, sesamoiditis, etc. Since you are at college, you might check with the athletic department and see who their foot ortho is and go see him/her.

Closed Thread