It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

cam1218 HB User
3 surgeries for ankles

Hello. I'm new to the board and can't believe I haven't found this board before. I am 36 and have ankle issues that date back to childhood. I'm naturally pretty clumsy so I've injured myself plenty.
I finally made my way to a podiatrist had xrays and MRI done.
IN a matter of a 3 weeks, I'm going to have 2 surgeries on my left ankle.
Tio remove scar tissue then to tighten my ligament to prevent future injury (hopefully). One week after my second surgery I'm getting a plate and screws removed from my right ankle. The doctor is confidant that after each surgery i'll be able to walk while wearing a 'boot'. I have 3 small children. I need to be able to get around with them.
I"m extremely over weight right now but with my ankle right now I'm not able to work out simply because I cannot walk afterward.
Anyone have experience with this? Thoughts? Advice?
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

ladyabby HB Userladyabby HB User
Re: 3 surgeries for ankles

Hi,
I've had 3 surgeries on my left ankle in less than 3 years for tendon repair. This last surgery, the surgeon tightened my ligament to my fibula and calcaneous bones with screws. I don't know how your doc can say that you will be able to get around so soon, especially having surgery on both ankles within a week of each other. All 3 times, I was total non-weight bearing for 4 weeks, then in a boot for several weeks. It is tough not being able to put weight on your foot and get around. I would suggest if you have family or friends who could help you while you're recovering to ask them to help especially since you have small children. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

cam1218 HB User
Re: 3 surgeries for ankles

Thank you for your response. I'm wondering the same thing. I don't know how it'll happen either. I will have some help but my husband works two jobs and we have many stairs. It'll be interesting. I just hope to have the post op not be too bad. The doctor actually said I'd be able to drive a day or two after getting the plate out of my right foot. Doesn't seem possible. But I'm hopeful.

Closed Thread