It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
(male)

mgalnis HB User
Broken/Chipped fibula/ankle

Hello,

I broke my ankle about 7 weeks ago also i chipped my bone. They put me in a walking boot because my Dr said it wasn't too bad. But now its been pretty long and my foot turns red when i stand up and it still kinda hurts i also still cant walk I don't have insurance so i cant just cant just go for a check up. I was wondering if anyone had something like this happen what should I do?

Old 03-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
(female)

HeyYaYa HB User
Re: Broken/Chipped fibula/ankle

Hi,

I fractured fibula about same time you did and have a similar diagnosis--doc says tip of bone detached. I am not healing as expected and now doc says that we may have to do arthroscopic ligament surgery because ligament pull on bone is preventing reattachment. I don't have insurance either but surgery center will allow payment plan and so will doc I bet.

Sounds like you may not be healing correctly as well. I suggest you go back to doctor to get treatment whatever that may be. Since you can't afford it ask for a payment plan. With so many uninsured payment plans are the standard these days. But whatever you do don't ignore your problem or it may get worse. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread