It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
(male)

r81 HB User
shoe recommendations

Hi Doc and co ,

I'll keep this short as possible.

I have flat feet and mildly overpronate as well as recovering from lisfranc injury. I'm back to work next week (ARMY) and was wondering what running shoes you could recommend.

I need a pair in which can accomodate orthotics.

At the moment I'm looking at the Nike Free 3.0 and 5.0.

My physio says for me to stay clear of these, however with the mild arch support these shoes apply plus the support I will get from my newly made orthodics I thought that this might be a good combination.

Any thoughts or combinations would be much appreciated.

Last edited by r81; 03-15-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: shoe recommendations

I'd go to a store that specializes in running shoes. They can check your feet and the orthotics to be sure the shoes are correct for your pronation and other issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

You need to bring your orthodic in with you. I tried on pair on and with the orhodic, the top of my foot was hanging out a bit. I bought pair of New Balance 845. Not sure if they are considered running shoe.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User

I love Merrells for everyday use. They have several pairs that accomodate orthotics. You do have to make sure you bring the orthotics with you when you try on new shoes. Not every pair of Merrells for instance will accomodate my foot and the orthotic. My running shoes are Asics. If you go to a store that measures your feet and knows runing shoes (as Titchou recommended) you will get a pair that is right for you.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
(male)

Toyman57 HB UserToyman57 HB UserToyman57 HB UserToyman57 HB User

Ditto on the shoe store that specializes in running shoes. The store in my area is called "Fleet Feet". They video you running on a tred mill then recommend a shoe based on that. I have NB 855 but seem a bit stiff. Good Luck from an retired Navy guy

Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
(male)

r81 HB User

thanks guys,

will do.

Old 03-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #7
(female)

sarahluke HB Usersarahluke HB User

I HIGHLY recommend the Brooks Beast. It is a high end running shoe made for pronators. LOVE mine and I wear thick orthotics. I also have Saucony's which I love for daily walking. They accomodate my orthotics very comfortably with no heel movement.

Closed Thread