It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

ocdvictim HB User
Good surgeon in Bay Area, California for OCD-microsurgery suggestions please

Hello

I fell last June and was eventually diagnosed with OCD. My doc was hoping for the pain to go away, and when that did not happen, gave me a 7 day course of Prednisone. That did not help. My new doc had another MRI done and apparently the lesion has not healed!!! It has been 9 months now...... She is suggesting microfracture surgery as the only solution.

Does anyone know of good surgeons in Bay Area California for this purpose? I am hoping to get the surgery done in May if I can find a good surgeon.

Browsing this board leads me to believe that the surgery's effectiveness will depend on the surgeon's skill.

Please help. I am now tired of being in pain all the time and want to get this resolved.

Thanks

PS: Sorry for the mistake, never posted on a message board before!

Last edited by ocdvictim; 03-25-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: subject line reformat switched last 2 words around!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

Mandy50 HB User
Re: Good surgeon in Bay Area, California for OCD-microsurgery suggestions please

I would recommend Dr. Colin Eakin at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation. He is very skilled and precise and has a kind manner. He will also put you in a passive motion machine for 6 to eight hours a day post surgery for maybe five to six weeks to encourage the growth of new tissue. If you decide to see him, ask him about this. After reading a lot on this Board there's a lot of new developments such as the DeNovo product, you may want to ask him if he knows anything about it. Good luck!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
(female)

skyhighifly HB User
Re: Good surgeon in Bay Area, California for OCD-microsurgery suggestions please

I would look at someone from Stanford Medical Center or UCSF. The other option is to look on the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. You can enter your zip code and find a Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon near you. I saw some good docs 10 years ago, but they have all retired and I no longer live in the area. Good Luck.

Closed Thread