It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

Trixie1966 HB User
9 week post op x ray question

I am 9 weeks out from a severe first metatarsal fracture and feel that I am healing. However, the surgeon looked at my x-ray and seemed nuetral instead of optimistic. My x-rays show a non union but there is a shadow of a bone callous and the fracture line appears fuzzier than at 6 weeks. My surgeon says to put 10 % of bodyweight on heel while wearing a special wedged shoe. I have no pain and the area over the fracture feels like hardened bone. My question is how long should I expect it to take for my x-rays to look as good as I feel? I am going crazy wearing this ex fix and my surgeon will not remove it until I am fully healed. Do any of you recall how many weeks passed between a so so x-ray and one that seemed clearly and fully healed? I had a bone grafting done as I had a comminuted fracture so I get that I need to develop patience but I am getting more frustrated with each new x-ray. My next appt and next x-ray is set for mid April and I am worried about seeing a delayed union but a friend said the bone callous would not have formed if this was going to occur. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread