It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
(female)

destinodino HB User
Red face peroneal tendon tear

i have a tear down my tendon not across, one half is going over my bone while the other half is under, the surgeon is gunna stitch it together and if it keeps trying to go up shes going to shave my bone and tack my tendon to it im only 17 so im sorta scared this is my first surgery other then tonsils which i dont remember, i just want to kno about the pain and hospital stay, she says i will be in a soft cast for 3 weeks after 2 weeks stitches will be taken out and then hard cast for 6 weeks, non wieght baring the whole time. anyone who could help inform me would be awsome because i should be having surgery in the next few days and would like to kno what im in for.

sorry for the horrible spelling

Old 04-21-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: peroneal tendon tear

Hi there and welcome,

The first few days to week it will hurt. The key to remember after surgery is to ice it and keep your ankle up. It will hurt WAY more as soon as you put it down to crutch, esp the first few days. So plan on keeping it up wherever you are. If you are still at school, it will help to have an extra chair to put it on during class. I found that even if the leg is just straight out on a chair when you are sitting at say, the dinner table or a desk, etc. then the pain won't be as bad.

You will probably go home the same day. Peroneal tendon tear repair is a pretty standard same day surgery. Meaning not necessarly a standard surgery, but rather, standard to go home the same day. My peroneal tendon had many of the same issues yours does. The biggest pain, really, was the incision, which will be quite long going around your outside ankle bone. Sometimes it would rub in the cast.

If you have any more questions, let me know. Good luck on surgery day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
(female)

destinodino HB User
Re: peroneal tendon tear

Thank you very much and no im not in school anymore im already graduated so at least i dont have to worry about that hassle. everything you told me will be very helpful and i apreciate you taking the time to respond.

Closed Thread