It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

bluepointe HB User
swollen balls of feet

I hope someone can tell me what's going on, or at least direct me to someone that can help me. For about a month or two I have been experiencing discomfort on the balls of my feet. There's no pain, but it feels like it's swollen right under my toes. In the beginning it felt like my pantyhose were bunched up under my foot, so I thought I hadn't pulled them up tightly. When I kept feeling this way I thought it was because I had bought a larger size than usual. Now I know that's not the problem, even in thongs or barefoot it feels like the ball of my feet are bunchy, the only word I can think of to express the feeling. Should I see my G.P. or just start reading about foot problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: swollen balls of feet

POssibly Morton's Neuroma. Go see a sports med ortho who specializes in feet. THis is a common ailment in women who wear high heels and people who run a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
(male)

Mikedg111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepointe View Post
I hope someone can tell me what's going on, or at least direct me to someone that can help me. For about a month or two I have been experiencing discomfort on the balls of my feet. There's no pain, but it feels like it's swollen right under my toes. In the beginning it felt like my pantyhose were bunched up under my foot, so I thought I hadn't pulled them up tightly. When I kept feeling this way I thought it was because I had bought a larger size than usual. Now I know that's not the problem, even in thongs or barefoot it feels like the ball of my feet are bunchy, the only word I can think of to express the feeling. Should I see my G.P. or just start reading about foot problems.
I have the same sensation with my feet. They feel like they are swolen.
in the balls of the foot, but I feel no pain I went to 2 DPM's The first said it was mortons neuroma. I do run and hike, so I thought it could be possible.
But my family doctor said it is not because there is no pain, and Mortons neuroma seems to be associated with pain in the feet. The second DPM
said that it is not because you would feel pain. He said that is is some type of neuropthy, So I am probally going to a neurologist.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
(male)

goutman1 HB User

Thanks Mikedg111, Titchou and Bluepointe. Being I already have a neuropathy condition I will be making an appointment with my neurologist sooner than later. This saves me from wasting time with my foot doc and also lets me know my condition may be changing...not a good thing but important to catch as soon as possible. The swollen balls under my right foot happened today. I will stay in touch and advise what my Neuro had to say.

Goutman1

Last edited by goutman1; 06-01-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Closed Thread