It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

nleeh HB User
lump on arch of foot

Hi, two weeks ago I noticed a small lump on the inside part of the arch on my left foot. There is no visible sign of anything on the outside although the lump itself was sore to the touch. Over the past week the soreness has lessened but still is a bit tender and the lump itself has not decreased in size. Does anyone know what this might be?

nleeh

Old 05-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopalong_too HB User
Re: lump on arch of foot

It could possibly be a plantar fibroma. The disease is known as Plantar Fibromatosis or Ledderhose Disease. Have a look at pictures and details of that and see if it matches. A foot doctor can confirm the diagnosis. I actually had an MRI to confirm and measure the nodules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
(female)

nleeh HB User

I've never heard of Plantar Fibromatosis or Ledderhose Disease but looked it up and it does sound like it is possible that is what the lump could be. I had plantar fasciitis several years ago in the arch and heel of my foot and it was treated with shots...didn't work and didn't heal till I got a specific heel seat to put in my shoes. I'll keep an eye on the lump I now have and hope it doesn't give me trouble walking. If so I will have it checked out. Thank you.

nleeh

Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

akirka HB User

Hi - I have the same thing. I do remember for years having a small pea-sized lump on the ball of my foot - never bothered me too much, I guess not because I don't know when it disappeared. But a few months ago another lump formed in the middle of my arch and it is irritating. I went to my ankle OS who told me that I have Duputren's disease which is the same as Ledderhose. I was like 'What!' She determined that by looking at the palm of my hands which she says has thickenings but what I thought was normal. Then I start asking my family if they have foot or hand lumps and my dad and brother were like yeah, so what. They have the classic ring finger lumps in their hands that Duputren's people get. But alas, it's not serious at all. My Dr. said that these lumps don't normally hurt too much - maybe when they are new but it should get better. Mine hurts most in the morning or after a long walk. My Dr. did say to never let people surgically take them out as it can cause major issues - they can back worse! It's worth seeing a Dr. just to rule out any other problems.

Abby

Old 05-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
(female)

nleeh HB User

I didn't go to the doctor but from what has been said here I'm sure the lump on the arch of my foot is the same as described. I've been massaging around the lump and by today it feels like it is smaller. I don't know if massaging around it has helped or if it would have become smaller anyway. Right now it doesn't hurt and I'm glad of that.

nleeh

Closed Thread