It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

Ven406 HB User
fell down nine stairs

Hi Kris,

I'm new to this web site. I recently fell and broke my leg and ankle. In Jan I fell down nine stairs and broke my leg and ankle. I had two plates and 17 screws put in my leg and ankle. I started PT at the end of FEB with no WB. In mid Mar I started full WB on my leg and ankle. At the end of Mar I stop using my cruthes and CAM boot. I'm walking with a limp. I'm still in PT and hope soon to get rid of the limp.

I lost 10 pounds due to the stress of this ordeal. I find myself really depressed and I don't know how to get over this or find some way to cope with my accident.

Can you please share any information on how to cope or deal with this. You seem to be so up beat about your accident.

Thanks, In distress.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-12-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User
Re: OATS/Talus OCD recovery-thread 4

Hi Ven,

Well, my falling down the stairs was a minor thing after my surgery. Yours sounds pretty major. But, I did have major surgery. What I can say is you are still so early after surgery. Mine was in Sept. and I'm still recovering. The first 4-5 mos are really rough. Then things get better. I'm 6.5 mos out and just now seeing that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I try to stay upbeat, and I'm not always. I have a goal in mind for recovery (getting my 2nd degree black belt in November.) and that keeps me focused. Also, I feel vent a lot here. But remember, it takes time and recovery is possible. PT helps a lot.
I just got rid of my limp within the past few weeks and even then, I still limp at times. BUT, I know it won't last forever.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
(female)

dizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB User
Re: OATS/Talus OCD recovery-thread 4

Hi Ven,
I am sorry to hear about your fall. I have had quite a few years of foot issues and they can be a bit trying. Thank god the weather is turning around. Sometimes just sitting outside can be a bit helpful. Crutches are the absolute worst too. I made pads for mine. I wish they were still wood so when your done you could burn them. That would make it more "fun" in the end. I am quite the opposite with the weight I have probably gained 20 lbs, i thought I was doing good thru december but then I think I got a bit down and tried to eat myself happy. You have alot of screws. I bet the moist weather was a pain. Please write it helps to get it off your chest.
Diane

Last edited by Administrator; 06-12-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Closed Thread