It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User
Here we go again

Peroneal repair, Brostrom procedure and arthroscopy scheduled for
July 21. It's been a long five years..... sigh.

PTT w/tendon transfer and calcaneal osteotomy 11/05
Peroneal repair 12/06
Arthroscopy/debridement 2/08

Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Here we go again

Oh Emmie,
I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I can't seem to get free of foot and leg pain either. Had a procedure last year to loosen the fascia from the front of the bone on the shin, did alleviate the pain for awhile. Then it came back, did some PT for awhile, wasn't much better so decided I would live with it for awhile, then broke my 5th met. in April.- while healing from that and getting out of the boot, post. tib tendon acted up, now trying to get that calmed down- and have neck issues- I feel like an orthopedic pin cushion! Hope the surgery goes well. Did both of my peroneals and recouped great- took a bit of time, but it was worth it.
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggietaz View Post
Oh Emmie,
I am so sorry. I feel your pain. I can't seem to get free of foot and leg pain either. Had a procedure last year to loosen the fascia from the front of the bone on the shin, did alleviate the pain for awhile. Then it came back, did some PT for awhile, wasn't much better so decided I would live with it for awhile, then broke my 5th met. in April.- while healing from that and getting out of the boot, post. tib tendon acted up, now trying to get that calmed down- and have neck issues- I feel like an orthopedic pin cushion! Hope the surgery goes well. Did both of my peroneals and recouped great- took a bit of time, but it was worth it.
Nancy
thanks, Nancy. Last time it turned out that both of mine were torn also. MRI only showed one this time but the other one could be hiding like last time. Last time was small tears. This time it is a longitudinal split all the way to the bone. no wonder it was hurting!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

The peroneals are torn again? No, no, not good at all!

Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
The peroneals are torn again? No, no, not good at all!
yep, Jane. arrggghhhh!!! You know, I waited way too long to find out what was wrong with my foot the first time and those peroneals took a beating.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

I'm sorry, I just had my 4th surgery as well. I feel your pain. I hope the Brostrom works and hopefully will help with the peroneal tendons. Mine tore several times too. Are they doing anything different this time?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Last time it was a simple repair of a small tear in both tendons. The tear is bigger this time and since it is the second time he's doing the Brostrom to hopefully prevent future tears. There was no ligament work done last time. You said yours tore several times? Was that with or without ligament work?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

K_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB UserK_Lana HB User

It was with ligament work both times. I've had a Brostrom done twice. Last one worked though although I had/have lots of scar tissue there now.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User

emmie - i am so sorry you have to go through surgery again and that your pain has not been resolved. I understand the frustration you can feel when you've been through numberous surgeries only to appear to be back at the beginning again.

I hope this is it for you!

Step

Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks guys. Good to see some of the "oldies" still on here but if it's because there are still problems then I guess it's not so good!!!

Closed Thread