It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
(female)

6ads11 HB User
Smile What's wrong with my sesamoid?

I've had something wrong with my sesamoid for nearly 2 years now since I injured it breaking boards during martial arts in 2008. I didn't go to hospital until 7 months later but since then I've tried rest,steroid injection and wearing a boot. Nothings worked so I still can't walk without padding and pain relief. Having ultrasound and acupuncture every week now but none of the docs can tell me whats actually wrong with it :|.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
(male)

pseudoecho HB User
Re: Fractured Sesamoid / Sesamoiditis 2

6ads,

Did you have an MRI of the foot at all ? I first had x-ray and it showed nothing. My orthopedic surgeon ordered an MRI and it showed the fracture. Demand an MRI if one was not done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
(male)

pseudoecho HB User
Re: Fractured Sesamoid / Sesamoiditis 2

Thanks for the info ArmyChic.

I'm glad to see you can get around as much as you can. How long is your estimated recovery time? I guess you are in a cam boot or surgical shoe?

My fore foot area is swollen but only hurts if I walk on a hard floor. I made some homemade orthotics by cutting out the sesamoid area out of 2 innersoles and stuck a dancer's pad on it as well. The doc says its healing but who knows.

I hope your foot heals quickly. I heard gelatin is good to eat because the animal content helps the body rebuild collagen. Maybe thats why they give Jell-o in the hospitals so much !

Closed Thread